Hi, welcome to Anno-online Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Settlement ranks page. If you need help, read through our help pages or contact a local admin. If there are no active admins here, stop by Community Central and check out our forums.
Looking for live help? Then join us for an upcoming webinar to chat with staff and other Wikia editors. You can also check our Staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia. Lastly, check out the Wikia Video Library, where you can find premium licensed videos to add to the wiki.
All of these links are a great way to start exploring Wikia.
Wanted to swing by and offer some help with the wiki's look. I understand you've doing a lot of work and have an adoption request in, so in light of your activity I thought I'd pass things by you. Basically what I'll be doing is a rework of the main page, including layout, wordmark, and theme (colors, etc.). If there's anything you don't like, please let me know!
Best regards, Raylan13 (talk) 20:12, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
This wiki is in grave need of attention at this point, and I appreciate your effort. All in all I consider your participation a great convenience for the future of this wiki this far. If there's anything I'd like to point out, it would be that I would like to keep some kind of structure at the home page for the most usefull links on this wiki (Building costs, etc.)
Please, do keep up the good work! Sincerely,
Lahebo (talk) 00:36, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Not a problem :) I'll work on getting some portals set up to the content for the main page today. All of it is already in the reworked navigation menu, but it is often helpful to have a visual guide on the front page! Raylan13 (talk) 16:05, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Portals are up now - for the sake of simplicity only the "top tier" categories are shown. So similarly to how all the building/resource types don't have their own portal, all the municipality/population levels don't have their own either. Hope you like it! Raylan13 (talk) 18:08, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Nice work, thanks! Lahebo (talk) 22:20, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Hiya, I noticed you wrote the template for the building information.
I've been playing with writing one to handle quests, but haven't been able to come up with a solution with I am happy with so far, I was wondering if you might be able to help.
Looking for the fields:
- Quest Name;
- Quest Type;
- Population Requirement;
- Previous Quest, Next Quest;
- Quest Requirements (3 I believe is the maximum);
- Cost to begin quest;
- Coins, XP, Item;
Where Type is "Short" "Daily" "Weekly" "Tutorial" "Event" or "Other" (I know daily quests aren't implemented, but no reason not to look ahead)
Previous Quest and Next Quest will be used for Tutorial, Daily, Event, and Other quests to display the chaining information.
I've made a rough template for you to work with at the moment. (Will try to improve it later)
- Have a look here for refrence.
- Sincerely, Lars 19:35, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I've edited Fisherman's hut page and then realised that all informations as production times and building's footprints are already in the Buildings page, so i think you shoud just expand Infobox Building template for this 2 infos.
I have added some buildings in the Drinks section and Clothing section.
I have also made some pages for resources, I have added all Pioneer Resources.
But I was wondering where you got all the pictures of the buildings and resources from.
Did you make them yourself or do you get them from a site?
Thanks in advance!
- Hi Emerior, Most of the images have been taken directly from Anno 1404, Any you see with german names were taken from the website ultrafine.de, but the images all trace back to the same source. Resource Icons have generally been taken from the online game, as they are of different dimensions and resolution than those in the 1404 game. If you find any missing, let me know, I am currently working on uploading all I have available to myself :)
I don't know if it's a good idea but when the new update is coming we could make a WIKI Guild.
It would be easy to talk about changes and discuss some stuff. If you are also in the Mermaid server this would be possible.
- Sounds like a good idea, count me in! (Ingame name: Lars (Mermaid server)) Lahebo (talk) 18:00, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Please can we try to keep some sort of English standard format for page names? Building Names should be capitalised. I have sorted most of these out.
For some reason you have redirected pages into page names with mixed capitalisation. This is untidy.
I have been sorting out pages that are incorrect and fixing problems, tidying things up, etc. You can find a list of pages at Category:Flagged For Deletion that are ready to be removed. All links to these pages have been replaced with links to the correct pages, some were already orphaned, and some are images that were uploaded at the initial start, which are lower quality and have been superseded.
I will be keeping the chat open when online if you wish to join also.
- I've been keeping the capitalisation of building names similar to the names in game, which seemed natural to me.
- I was planning on having them all correct, As from my conversation with the mod team regarding translation corrections, that is on the list of things to be corrected, And as proper nouns (due to being title pages) they should be capitalised.
- I don't know if you have a tool to quickly revert back to before you went and undid my changes or not, but it would be a lot easier than going through manually sorting it again.
- I'm also working through duplicate pages, orphaned pages, and broken links on pages to tidy things up as best I can, along with replacing lower quality graphics with those taken directly from the game.
- If you are able to join the chat sometime it would be a lot easier to co-ordinate things such as that.
Thanks for your message, RE: editing Harbourmaster's Office page. I have made this account although I wasn't planning to making it my full time job of updating pages.
I only have 1 problem with the page layout. If a page has the Template for the Infobox then more text is added underneath, the Infobox is actually default to the right and the text is to the left. I find this a problem when I want to add text before a table. If the table is full width then it's placed below the Infobox but the text is halfway up the page on the left side.
I've updated the Harbourmaster's Office to show you the problem: http://annoonline.wikia.com/wiki/Harbourmaster%27s_Office
- I've updated the page to add the title as a header to the table, feel free to copy this method anywhere you see the same problem. I have also "unblurred" the icons by removing the resize which had been added.
- Eorm (talk) 17:35, September 4, 2013 (UTC)
Is it possible to delete an Image? I've uploaded the Distribution Cart image that was not so good. I've updated\replaced the image but it seems to be having a real problem of not updating the images correctly.
- I've just checked again and it seems fine. I did check on another browser and was having the same problem. Maybe the site needs time to adjust?!
- Anyways, Thanks for replying.